Thursday, November 3, 2011

Did You See The News?

Did you see the news?
about the murderers and the cheats
and politicians so stuck up with greed
there was no good done today

did you see the news?
about the actors and the whores
and celebrities so stuck up with greed
there is no point to their day

this is the world we have
we focus on the hate
we idolize the fakes
we ignore all thats good

did you see the news?
about the leaders and the change
and a president so stuck up with pride
there was no hope in today

is this even news?
that were watching all the time
it fills us with fear for our fellow man
there is no love shared today

this is the world we have
we focus on the hate
we idolize the fakes
we ignore all that's good

2 comments:

  1. Bill, this is a well written piece. I agree with you, its so easy to forget that life is good, life is a blessing. Keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kati! I meant to comment on this back then but I forgot. I'm always writing.

    ReplyDelete